Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Who's Your Favorite Post-Beatles Beatle?

You all know who they are: John, Paul, George, and Ringo. The Fab Four with a whole catalogue of songs and hits. Their careers as Beatles lasted the better part of a decade, but what about after that? They went their separate ways and they each went on to create some very different music. Now who do you like best?

For my money, it's gotta be George. His music and lyrics speak to me ulike any of the other post-Beatles music that I've heard. The messages of independent though, anti-materialism, and treating others fairly are messages that everyone should hear. His religious songs are also good, even though I'm not an overly religious guy. (I feel like I'm not explianing myself adequetly.) I like Lennon's stuff too, but it just doesn't have the same effect. McCartney's songs are too poppy. They're ok for every once in a while, but I can only take them in small doses. With the exception of Memory Almost Full, that was a pretty good album and I enjoy most of the songs on there. I've never listened to much of Ringo's stuff, but what I've heard hasn't encouraged me to seek out more.

The funny thing is, as a group, I really prefer the Lennon songs, and there aren't a whole lot of Harrison songs that I'm real keen on. I guess that just goes to show you how people work differently in a group dynamic and individually.

Anyway, who's your favorite post-Beatle Beatle?

No comments: