Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Inspiration Doesn’t Run on a Schedule

Why is it that inspiration strikes at the worst of times? Times when you’re not able to seize it, so all you can do is hope to remember it later. It happens to me all the time, if I’m at work, about to go to sleep, driving, etc.

I’ve heard of people carrying around a pad of paper and a pen with them wherever they go. I haven’t tried that. I really don’t like to have a lot in my pockets, but maybe that’s a good excuse to buy some new cargo pants.

Anyway, I had a good idea today when I took a little break a work. I tried to get as much down on paper as I could, and then it was such a nice day out I went for a little walk. As I went along, ideas kept churning, but I couldn’t really stop to get them down. I’m sure very few people are able to put inspiration on a schedule, but wouldn’t it be nice if we could?

No comments: