Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reading Test

There might be times when you say to yourself, hey, the combination of my eyeballs and my brain are pretty good at reading and comprehending stuff. In fact, they're reading this blog post right now. What if they were good at reading other stuff too? Say, a 1,200 word story that I'm just about done with but looking for a critique before I send it off with all of my hopes and whatnot heaped up on its little shoulder.

So yeah, I've got this little story that I want to send out for an open submission, but I don't want to bug the people at work, my wife isn't going to give me much of a critique, blah blah blah. I'd like to get a fresh perspective from a new/different audience.

I'm going for funny with this one, which I'm told I do reasonably well. If you're intested, (it's short, so it wont take a lot of time) let me know and I can email it to you or something.

2 comments:

vince said...

I'll take a look at it over the weekend if you like.

mattw said...

Great! Would you like me to email it to you? I just have to get it submitted by Monday because that's the submission deadline.