Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Features!!!

In an effort to keep the blog machine rolling, consolidate blogs, and be more creative more frequently, I’m introducing two new features to Trying To Be Clever. Are you ready for it? Are you sure? If you’re not ready for it, just take a breather and then come back, I’ll still be here. Ok. Better now?

Announcing…Monday Monotony Meltdown and Funtastic Friday Follies! *applause*

A while back (last year in those innocent days of 2007), new to the whole blogging thing, I decided to start up a blog where every day I would post something that was just off the wall and completely out there. It went pretty good for a while, but then I discovered it’s hard to keep up a steady pace of craziness when you’re working two jobs, trying to spend time with your wife, trying to spend time with/raise a child, do what needs to be done in the house, not have a mental meltdown, etc. So the crazy blogging slowed down, then picked up a little (I think) and then stopped. Then I started up this blog, one that I would talk about anything that came to mind and put up some fun/creative stuff too. Hopefully I would build up some readership and everyone would be pleased with the result.

Well now I’ve started to get into the same cycle, where I’m not blogging as much as I’d like to (at least three times a week), mainly for the reasons that I listed above. Plus, after being on a computer all day for work, who wants to go home and be on a computer all night? Not me. So anyway, what is a guy to do? Consolidate and move forward. (seems logical to me at this point)

By the Power of Grayskull, from here on out, Mondays and Fridays will feature something from the fun/goofy/crazy/creative side of life. The MMM and triple F will be spectacular (maybe). In the beginning I will be able to pull posts from the previous blog to fill in, once they’re used up, the old blog will be gone, and someone else can take the address if they so choose (nothing irked me so much when I was trying to figure out where this blog would be as when I’d try an address and see the person using it hadn’t touched it in years or signed up for it and then never did anything with it). I’ll also intersperse other fictions and things that I’ve done.

I want to use this space not only as an outlet for myself, but also as a place where people might like to come and hang out from time to time. But to do that, I have to make the place inviting for others. Slowly but surely it will happen. As the wise-beyond-his-years Wayne Campbell would say, “It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.”

Tomorrow I think I’ll start out with a real whiz-banger of an idea. Tune in. I’m sure you’ll be pleased.

No comments: