Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Things

Well good golly, if everyone else is doing it, I might as well do it too.

1. I married my highschool sweetheart, and am still madly in love with her.

2. I took Kendo lessons for a year before Logan was born, and sometimes I really miss being able to hit people with a stick and not get in trouble for it.

3. My first concert was The Eels when I was 18. (I know, it's sad. (I meant that it wasn't until I was 18, not that it was The Eels. The Eels kick ass.))

4. Since moving out to Des Plaines, I've become adept at cleaning up basement floods. I have a feeling I might get more practice this weekend.

5. I like to experiment in the kitchen, and it turns out pretty good 80% of the time.

6. I've had dinner with a semi-popular science fiction author/blogger.

7. I'm a decent writer, but can't paint or draw worth a damn.

8. In addition to my younger brother, I have two syblings that are 9+ years older than me, and three syblings-in-law that are 9+ years younger than me.

9. Thanks to UIC, I generally perfer the taste of Pepsi over Coke, however, I prefer Cherry Coke over Cherry Pepsi.

10. I have written two "novels" and am in the process of revising the second.

11. I do not eat salsa in any form. It is a vile, disgusting food.

12. I have no musical talent whatsoever. I tried learning string bass in fifth grade; that was the end of my musical career.

13. I have never beat my wife in a game of Life, whether it's just the two of us playing or with a group of people.

14. My favorite type of cookie is the sugar cookie.

15. My first car, The Dust Mobile, was a maroon colored, 1988 Chevy Astro Van that was perpetually covered in dust and dirt and was slowly getting eaten away by rust. I loved that car, and sometimes wish I could have it back.

16. I was a member of Scholastic Bowl in high school. One of the geekiest questions I ever answered was naming five of the titles in the Dune series.

17. I enjoy the smell of stale cigarette smoke and find it strangely comforting.

18. The farthest I've ever been from home is Hawai'i. And I've never been out of the country.

19. Contrary to #5, I sometimes think I could live off of Beef Ramen noodles.

20. I once hit myself in the shin with an axe. It was an accident. It hurt, and I now have a dent in my shin bone.

21. After I get a cold in October or November, I'm typically congested until March or April.

22. I am a Freemason.

23. I've gotten so drunk I've thrown up twice, and each time I swore I would never do that again.

24. My teacher in fifth grade would write, film, edit and direct movies for his class each year. I was cast as the idiot bully.

25. I’m a member of a super-secret organization called the UCF. According to Jeri, we’re dedicated to international espionage, debunking bad science, creative writing and comment-hijacking.

5 comments:

vince said...

Sorry Matt, chips and salsa rock. There's a great Mexican restaurant in Duluth that makes their own, and it's the best I've ever had.

Hit people with a stick and not get in trouble for it - I gotta try that.

Some dude stuck in the Midwest said...

I prefer to have Pico de Gallo with my nachos.

By salso is a good ingridient for homemade Chili.

... Paige said...

Well what a nice treat and personal, so you have lead us to believe.

#13- are you saying she lives better then you?

#17- that's funny; smells like my childhood home

#20- I too, have a dent, right leg but not from an axe

#21 Beloved is a 32nd

Great 25 Now you only have 75 more to make a 100 Things list

mattw said...

Konstatin, even Pico de Gallo is a nearly unedible food. I'll just take the chips plain, thanks.

Paige, I was struggling to get to 25, so I think it would take me a long while to get to 100. Although there were a couple others that I thought of that I forgot to put on the list.

26. I got my first white hairs (they weren't even gray) when I was 17 or 18.

27. I make an incredible hamburger (if I'm allowed to pat myself on the back, which I think I am because It's my blog and my list.)

MWT said...

Yay beef ramen noodles. :) That's my favorite flavor too.