Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Heart Metalocalypse

We were watching the wonderfully funny Metalocalypse last night in which the members of the band, Dethklock, realized how close to dying they came after a particularly destructive concert. The members of Metalocalypse in talking with their manager about their mortality didn't want him to say the word 'death'. Instead they asked him to say 'hamburger time.' And the episode chugged along from there. I couldn't find the particular passage from the show, but I did find the video at the end of the show.



I can't understand even half of the lyrics in the songs on the show, but something about the show is just magically funny to me. Each episode has the juxtaposition of what's going on with the band and a group of world leaders/military officials keeping tabs on the band and reacting to what is going on around Dethklok, which is a world power unto itself. I don't have time right now to go into it further, but I must say, if you haven't checked it out give it a go. You don't even have to watch from the beginning (I know I haven't) to be entertained.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, I have the first two seasons on DVD! Toki Wartooth is not a bumblebee. :)