Saturday, February 2, 2008

Obligitory First Post

Hello and welcome to my latest attempt at a blog. This will be, I hope, something that I will update on a (semi) regular basis and become a permanent home for my thoughts, my day-to-day bullshit, my writing updates and anything else that comes to mind. There's a lot that I would like to with the site, and I've been sitting on it for a long time, trying to find a good blog name/url, but it appears everything I think of is taken already, so what the hell, I'll just go with this.

A little about me. I'm married with one son (15 months) and live in the greater Chicago area. I'm a wanna be fiction writer, with a handful of rejection letters and no actual sales yet. But they'll come. If I keep going, they'll come. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, writing, etc. etc. etc. Does anyone really care about it?

For the weekend my wife's been out of town. She's been skating with her synchro team in Tennessee. I've been home with the munchkin and it's been an educational experience. I couldn't stay home I don't think. I need other adult interaction. Not that I haven't totally enjoyed spending a lot of quality time with him, but I'm going a little nuts. Oh well, she'll be home tomorrow and Logan will be happy. He's been missing her, I know.

I also had to take a lot of vacation time this week from work for illness and to stay home with Logan. So, I probably shouldn't be doing this. Instead I should be working on my articles. This will make for a kind of sucky obligatory first post, but oh well. that's just the way it goes. If I get a lot done, I'll do something more tonight. We'll see.

No comments: