Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Monday Monotany Meltdown: Monster Encounter

Monster Encounter

The monsters in the sewers kept bugging me for pocket lint, and you come to a point where 1) you run out of lint, and 2) you're just sick of being pestered by these pathetic creatures. They are refered to as monsters, and they could be scary if they'd flash some claws once in a while and switch their diet to something more shocking than pocket lint.

Well I got fed up, and told one off. I mean really laid into the little bugger. I think I even scared it some.

"How can you call yourself a monster," I said. "The only thing you've got going for you is that you live in the sewer. My cocker spaniel is scarier than you!"

On and on I went, until my throat was cracked and dry and the so-called monster was looking pretty defeated. When people would walk by and see me berating the sewer grate I would just smile and nod, and they would walk by a little faster.

Well, I didn't hear from them for a while, at least not directly. I'd hear it and it's companions shuffeling around, muttering amonst themselves.

Finally, the day came when the gravely voice from the sewer drain called to me. I approached and a hand black as tar, scaly and hairy at the same time, reached out for me. I'll admit, for a moment I was taken aback. Then it spoke.

"Give me your shoe laces," it hissed.

I tried to hold back the laughter, for about a second. I nearly fell over I was laughing so hard. I stopped laughing long enough to shout "ooga booga!" at it, at which point it started and ran away.

1 comment:

Lance said...

They sound pretty scary regardless of their diet!