Monday, November 17, 2008

First Snow

The cold has been coming and going here in the greater Chicagoland, and it looks like it will continue to flucutate for the rest of the week at least. Yesterday, though, we got our first real snowfall of the season. We've had a very little bit of snow here and there over the last month or so, but they were just little flurries that did not last long.

Yesterday, while I was at work, we looked up to see big fluffy flakes drifting down. What fun. It looked really pretty, and it made the drive home nice, except for the fact that everyone in Chicago forgets how to drive the first time the snow starts to fly. I did not get any pictures. By the time I got home, it was too dark, and the snow melted once it hit the ground anyway. There's a little more snowfall today, but not much, and then we're not expected to get any for the rest of the week. Can't wait for more. I love snow.

On the NaNoWriMo front, I finally caught up on my word count on Friday and managed to maintain over the weekend, so I'm chugging along to 28,339 today. Yippie! And I still like the story, and by this time last year I had wanted to move onto another story. Double Yippie!

No comments: