Thursday, November 6, 2008

November 5, A Good Day to Take Down the Pool

What? You mean everyone doesn't wait until after the first frost, a very light snow flurry, half the leaves are down, and oh hell, it's been a long time coming. Every time I've wanted to take that damn thing down, something has popped up. Well last night I finally got it down, after it taking us forever to drain it, and then for rain and leaves to get in it, and then for me to get everything out again, and then being so fed up with it I just said aw hell with it let me just get the damn thing back in the garage.

I've never put up/maintained/or taken down a swimming pool, so it was a learning experience. Our pool is 14 feet wide and 3.5 or 4 feet deep. There are definately things that will be done differently next year. And next year I will prepare the ground a little better so the pool isn't on such an incline.

Now, if only I could find the time to really clean out the garage...

No comments: