Monday, January 26, 2009

Bummer

Tomorrow night we're supposed to be going to the Metallica concert at the Allstate, however, Logan's gotten sick, and if he's really sick, we can't just put him down to bed and leave him with my father-in-law. If we can't get a babysitter, then I'll be staying home and Brandi will find a friend to go with her. Metallica's her favorite band, so I wouldn't deny her the experience. While I'm generally not a big fan, I would like to see the show, I've heard they're pretty good. Hopefully he'll be doing better by tomorrow. Kids, man, if it's not one thing with them it's another.

9 comments:

Janiece said...

That IS a bummer.

It gets easier as they get older.

Okay, that's not true.

The problems become different as they get older...

Some dude stuck in the Midwest said...

Hope little guy gets better.

I've missed AC/DC last year, for different reason, and still can't get over it.

kimby said...

Hope Logan is feeling better soon...and that you BOTH get to go to the concert.

Nathan said...

If you want to pay my expenses, I'll come babysit. Given the choice, I'd much rather care for a screaming, sick little one than go see Metallica.

(I know that's not much of an offer, but it's the best I can do.)

mattw said...

Nathan, seeing as how it would cost me about $600 to fly you back and forth, I think I'll pass. Thanks for the offer though.

It looks like we've found a solution.

Anonymous said...

:(

I'd love to see Metallica. And I badly wanted to see AC/DC but the tickets sold out in two hours and I missed it - were going for 300+ each at resale. I didn't want to see them THAT badly.

I hope Logan gets better - or can you start looking now for babysitting alternatives?

Eric said...

Hope you're able to see the show.

Shawn Powers said...

I'm with Nathan on rather caring for a screaming kid than watching Metallica -- but hopefully it works out so you can go.

mattw said...

We've got a backup system in place that will allow both of us to go, unless Logan's in really bad shape before he goes to bed. He's just got another head cold from his Friday daycare thing, not much to worry about.